Contact Details of MTDC Bhandardara
Tariff : Mid Range
In general, Mid range hotels have well appointed rooms, attached toilets,room service and usually a restaurant.
Find Blog on MTDC Bhandardara.
Blog (travelogue) is by an independent blogger, not associated with Travelpaisa or with MTDC Bhandardara.
We search the web and shortlist relevant reviews for you to read before you go.
- Location : The resort is located on a hillock adjoining Wilson dam and overlooks the Arthur lake. Divine during Monsoons and an excellent Weekend getaway from Mumbai
- Reaching There : Drive down to Bhandardhara (Mumbai to Bhandardhara is an excellent drive Mumbai to Bhandardhara Road Map ).
- Accommodation :Standard rooms and cottages. Special rooms and Cottages overlooks the lake. Rooms have bare minimum amenities and service levels reflect that is run by a Government body.
- Restaurant : MTDC run restaurant. Other options include Sanjay's Cafe Dam Corner (for snacks) and the more expensive restaurant of Anandvan Resort
- Activities Visit to Ratangad Fort, Konkan Kada, Waterfalls and other view points. There are plenty of jeeps that offer "sight seeing" tour. Those keen on trekking will be happy to note that there are plenty of trekking trails, the most famous one is to the top of Kalsubai mountain. For treks, hire a local guide. Shirdi, the famous pilgrim centre, is also close by.
- Booking Online at MTDC website or thru' approved travel agents.
Related Video of MTDC Bhandardara:
Video is embedded from Youtube. Copyright rests with original video creator.
During Monsoons, Bhandardhara is an excellent weekend getaway from Mumbai a just around 3 hours drive from Mumbai.
We had stayed at MTDC cottages. The cottages are in excellent shape with large balconies overlooking a placid lake. We had booked at MTDC booking counter at Dadar. While booking, ask for cottage facing the lake.
The key attraction at Bhandardara is the scenic drive to the destination, Radha waterfalls (the same one which was used by Raj Kapoor to have Mandakini cavort in the film Ram Teri Ganga Maili), boat ride in the evenings and a hike to Kalsubai mountain. The Kalsubai trek is not a very difficult one. Staff at MTDC had arranged for a guide for the trek and also the Jeep to take around all the nearby attractions.
Overall, an excellent weekend getaway and MTDC resort at Bhandardara is excellent value. I was told that the cottages will be renovated and refurbished. When I went there, it definitely looked like it needed one but do not get me wrong - it was not too bad either