Contact Details of MTDC Resort,Ganpatipule
Tariff : Mid Range
In general, Mid range hotels have well appointed rooms, attached toilets,room service and usually a restaurant.
- Location : Impressive location. Offers amazing view of the sea and easy access to the beach
- Reaching There : Drive down to Ganpatipule (Ganpatipule is at 350 Kms from Mumbai; Mumbai to Ganpatipule Road Map ) or take train to Ratnagiri and take a bus to Ganpatipule.
- Accommodation :This is A+ grade resort of MTDC. Options include Sea view cottages, Deluxe rooms and Konkani house.Standard rooms are in the main complex. Sea view cottages have excellent views of the sea and the beach. Wortwhile to pay premium for the sea facing cottages. The other interesting option is the Konkani huts built right on the beach. Those staying at Konkani huts have to walk a kilometre to the restaurant.
- Restaurant : MTDC run restaurant - "Tarang". Other traditional nearby joints (Bhau Joshi's, Vinayak) offer tasty local fare.
- Activities Beach stroll, visit to the nearby temple and other Ganpatipule attractions
- Booking Online at MTDC website
Related Video of MTDC Resort,Ganpatipule:
Video is embedded from Youtube. Copyright rests with original video creator.
Reviews (6) - MTDC Resort,Ganpatipule
We stayed there last year (Sep2009) as a overnight stopover on route to Goa via road. Resort is right on the beach (excellent location) and 5 mts walk away from the temple. Comfortable sea facing rooms. Food in the resort canteen could be better. Overall good experience.
I had visited Ganapati Pule last week i.e. 1st week of may, 09. Had read a lot abt the said place on internet. The place is absolutely wonderfull with the MTDC resort quite decent and well maintained. however room service could help as sometimes it is very tiring to go all out for food. Instead of the MTDC resort hotel, i preferred food at Annapurna for crispy surmai fry and also joshi for good veg food. I relised the mangoes and jackfruits sold near the temple. i serioulsy feel it is a good maintained tourise spot. i stayed there for 4 days with my 3 year old dagther and wife and throroughly enjoyed. room service for food is something which could help. but a good holiday.
MTDC resort at Ganapatipule is easily the best option at Ganapatipule.
We had booked for Tue & wed as Konkani cottages are not available on Thursday as Deccan odyssey passengers are accommodated.
We had decided not to take the car to save petrol. To reach Ganapatipule, We took the Janshatabti train from Panvel early in the morning and the train took under 5 hours to reach Ratnagiri. I am sure no Car could have beaten the train!
From Ratnagiri there are numerous ST buses and it is an hour or so. MTDC Ganapatipule is the best resort. It is opposite the bus stop and bang on the beach.
Konkani hut at Ganapatipule was also excellent. Only issue is that it is 1.5 Kms from the main complex and so if you do not have a car, you will have to keep walking
Food at MTDC is just about okay. However, we relished authentic maharastrian food at a Bhojanalaya (run by One Mr. Joshi) at a walking distance from MTDC. To reach that Bojanalaya, get out of MTDC Ganapatipule and turn left at the bus stop road and walk for 2 - 3 Minutes. Solkadi at this place was awesome
Only option if u want to stay beach side. Even from no.n-Ac rooms(rs 800. -1000. per day),u get better view of blue see. food is good in mtdc.must visit, with advance booking........
We had gone with office friends stayed at MTDC tents that are behind the resort - pretty peaceful