Contact Details of MTDC Harihareswar
Tariff : Mid Range
In general, Mid range hotels have well appointed rooms, attached toilets,room service and usually a restaurant.
Find Blog on MTDC Harihareswar.
Blog (travelogue) is by an independent blogger, not associated with Travelpaisa or with MTDC Harihareswar.
We search the web and shortlist relevant reviews for you to read before you go.
- Location : Harihareshwar beach near MTDC resort is rocky and not safe for swimming. However, a little walk along the sea side leads to a sandy beach. Diveagar beach, 10 minutes drive from the resort, is an excellent silver sand beach.
- Reaching There : Harihareshwar is a popular beach Weekend getaway from Mumbai and from Pune. One can drive down to Harihareshwar from Mumbai and Pune.
- Accommodation :Konkani house is the best option at MTDC Harihareshwar. Standard rooms are away from the sea. Tents while near the sea, sees many ants and other insects as uninvited guests.
- Restaurant : Grasshopper Inn within the campus
- Facilities : Speed boat
- Booking Online at MTDC website
Related Video of MTDC Harihareswar:
Video is embedded from Youtube. Copyright rests with original video creator.
I visited Harihareshwar as part of my 6 weekends trip to various MTDC resorts. Harihareshwar is quite a good place with an excellent and clean beach. However, the beach is rocky and hence unfit for swimming
The resort is very close to the beach. There are three types of accommodation available - Regular rooms, Konkani style huts and the Pre fab tent pitched close to the beach. I will suggest Konkani huts anyday. tents are near the beach but the ants could be nuisance in the tents. If you are expecting important calls on your mobile, forget it as the entire area is devoid of telecom network(ok one particular spot near the office gets faint signal).
In case, you are not able to get the accommodation at MTDC, then you could try many of the MTDC approved Bed and Breakfast options
Pradikshina around the temple is a must for the breath taking views it offers. From Harihareshwar, do not miss to go to Divegar which has the famous Golden Ganesha temple. The drive to Divegar is excellent and hugs the coast. Food at Patil's at Divegar is decent and you can try the same. MTDC food is of course just about tolerable. In fact, for lunch you can tey many of Khanawalas that are near the bazaar area. The one run by the Harihareshwar temple priest is good. You can inquire for the same.