Contact Details of TTDC Hotel Ooty
Tariff : Budget
In general, Budget hotels provide no frills accommodation. Rooms have fan, attached bath and toilet. Do not expect very high service standards.
- Location : TTDC is located at the commercial centre of Ooty, Charing Cross. The resort is close to Bus stand, railway station and the market area.
- Accommodation :Standard rooms and cottages. Rooms have bare minimum amenities and service levels reflect that is run by a Government body. Despite all the short comings, it is a popular option with budget travellers. If you plan to sta at TTDC Ooty, try the cottages.
- Restaurant : TTDC run restaurant. Other options nearby
- Activities TTDC reception at the hotel can organize local sight seeing Taxi
- Booking You can book Online at their official Website
Reviews (2) - TTDC Hotel Ooty
We went to Ooty on April 30th. Ooty was so crowded that weekend that it appeared as if entire Bangalore and many towns of TN just descended to Ooty. It was so crowded and it took us a hour and half to negotiate the traffic and reach Hotel Tamilnadu from the outskirts of the town. Hotel Tamilnadu is right in the centre of the town, it is just that traffic barricades and traffic jam made it difficult to reach the hotel.
The first impression is "oh my God! this hotel looks too ordinary, why did I book it online?" well - first impressions can be wrong and the interiors of the room, toilets are clean. Staff is very friendly.
If you are not driving down to Ooty, TTDC offers lowest cab fare in whole of Ooty for sight seeing (Ooty/Coonor/Kotagiri) and to reach Mysore and other places.
They have a restaurant. Breakfast is manageable - Pongal/Vada. I was unhappy with Lunch and Dinner. Better option is Nahar (which again can get crowded and parking at Nahar is a pain. Suggest take auto from TTDC to Nahar). Bar is in form of a permit room. Less said about it, the better. But you would not expect a great bar when it is called Permit Room.
TTDC is definitely not a bad place to stay. But reconsider your choice of Ooty for holiday. It must have been a great place - but today, the dirt and crowds makes it impossible for one to enjoy holiday.
by vanishreet, March 27, 2010
TTDC ooty is run by the Government and one need not have any misgivings. It is an excellent choice at Ooty especially if you do not want to spend the moon on the hotel room. I had been with my family and found the hotel to be the best. Honeymooners might prefer a more secluded place, otherwise this is a perfect option
It is located at bit away from the town centre and that is a blessing as Ooty is too crowded. You can also make an online booking and that is real useful.
The staff are pretty co-operative and used their services to book a cab too. Food is not the best - but at Ooty, you have too many options for lunch and dinner. Unless, you are on a honeymoon, this is the best option for budget travelers to ooty