Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 August 2011 08:41
Bangalore to Dharmasthala Driving Directions
Bangalore to Dharmasthala by Car
The straight route via NH48 (Sakleshpur) is not advisable as the road condition is very bad.
Given the current road conditions (December 2010) , the best way to reach Dharmasthala is to go thru' Mudugere (Charmadi Ghat) . It is a bit longer than the Sakleshpur route , but the roads are excellent.
Bangalore Dharmasthala Route Map: (Based on current Road Conditions)
1. Take the Nelamangala Flyover from Yesvantpur to reach Nelamangala. Alternately, reach Magadi from Bangalore and proceed to Kunigal from Magadi. This will help to avoid the traffic at Yesvantpur
2. If you are taking the Nelamangala flyover, watch out for the exit for Hassan Exit (onto NH 48)
3. On NH48, Drive thru Kunigal and Chennrayapatna to reach Hassan
4. At Hassan, turn right onto Belur Road and reach Belur
5. At Belur, turn left at BP Pump towards Belur bus stand. Turn left onto Mudigere
When asking for directions, insist on Mudugire road via Ganthedahalli. There is another road to Mudugire, but that is in bad state.
6. From Mudigere, it is Charmadi Ghat. Drive along this scenic road to reach Kottigehara.
6. From Kottigehara, Proceed straight to Ujire Village. Dharmasthala is 8KMs from Ujire Village.
Bangalore to Dharmasthala Google Map
The recommended route is different from that advised by Google Map
Route suggested by Mr.Shenoy,Karkala